in the kitchen after making home-made buttermilk. I had
almost a 1/2 gallon of 1% milk and dumped Lemon Juice in it
to make buttermilk. I seldom measure things like this.
I decided to make my pound cake recipe using 1/2 recipe, not
realizing that I was too short on my self-rising flour. I then cut
the recipe another 1/2, making it a 1/4 measurement of the full
recipe.( I used honey instead of sugar and olive oil instead of
good old butter.)
This turned out to be a very lemony, wonderful surprise. Of
course, I doubt I can use this buttermilk to make biscuits. But,
it will make delish waffles and pancakes, cookies,etc.
The last piece was spread with vanilla yogurt sprinkled with
cinnamon.....ummmm...Recipe follows :
2 1/2 c. Self-Rising Flour
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
350 25-30 minutes.
- ► 2012 (85)
- Toeses and Tails Tuesday........Kassey
- Gotta Outsmart This Cat....LOL, etc.
- Same Old Stuff.....Kassey
- Things I Missed.....Kassey
- Wordless Wednesday Until......Kassey
- Happy Accident.....Lemony Goodness
- Wordy Wednesday.....Kassey
- My New Throne.....Kassey
- Cloudy Thursday Ramblings
- Belated Easy Sunday.....Kassey
- Thankful Fursday....Yippee.....Kassey
- Wednesday Hurts Rant.....Kassey
- ▼ August (12)